Saturday, February 21, 2009

Shadow Box












This shadow box was a re purpose of an old shadow box with a flower arrangement in it. I dissembled and sanded down the frame. I spray painted the frame, backing and matte board. I took a photograph of my daughter from a performance and altered it by rubbing with sandpaper, using stamps and paints. I slanted the glass so I had a space to put my mixed media. These pieces belonged to my mom ( she has passed away) . I put a message she would give to us "follow your heart" on the photograph in pen. I was pleased with the outcome. It really evoked a message with meaning for me. I used purple and gold to represent a royal and heavenly feeling to her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!