Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Circus Hat

Illustrated Design by TopsyTurvyDesign
Ring Leader Top Hat by TopsyTurvyDesign

I am in love with her hats! I used to collect hats and at one time applied for a job at a Millinery in Sebastopol, CA. but they wanted someone with experience~ I only had some sewing skills which wasn't enough for them, but it has always been a fascination of mine. I never gave up on my love of hats. The history, styling, fabrics, netting, buttons and laces. When I had to start moving around I gave up my hat collection as much as I loved it. I only kept one of my grandma's hats and a hat my mom made for my older girls. When I saw this video and that she made circus hats I had to share~ A girl after my own heart. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Have you ever had a fascination with something, or started a collection? What led you to where you are creatively?



1 comment:

  1. Love Topsy Turvy! She's in my hood, too, Oakland CA.
    Even though I make hats, I've never gone to millinery school, and I'm not giving up hope yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!