Sunday, May 16, 2010

Simply Sunday

I have always wanted to do more traveling but with raising children and life circumstances I have missed out of some of the opportunities. I tried to become an airline stewardess when I graduated high school but I was turned down due to my height! Can you image if that was now!! I didn't know any better and walked away disappointed and in shock. If I would have had more life experience maybe I would have started a boycott to change things. A year later I was married and having kids and the journey has had its ups and downs. I am remarried now and still holding those dreams of travel as my feet are firmly planted on the ground and I am painting about it. I will hold fast to my dreams~
What stories do you have of travel whether in life or to exotic places? What exotic places would you like to go to? Or have gone? Journal about that in your journals. I hope you are able to keep your day simple and enjoy Sunday for all it holds for you. Join me next week for another "Simple Sunday" posting.
I think that travel comes from some deep urge to see the world, like the urge that brings up a worm in an Irish bog to see the moon when it is full. ~Lord Dunsany

1 comment:

  1. I have loved traveling the Good Ol' USA with my husband when he traveled and had free miles. We did make the most of them and never had a desire to see the rest of the world as so much is here. But, blogging has opened my eyes and I would love to go to Costa Rica or a rain forest and to see Paris!
    I thought an airline would be a fabulous job also but we never lived in a hub city when it would have been possible. I probably would have been turned down also. I have changed so much and become more outgoing over the years. You are right about the height and items they could not hire for! Our lives have seen so much change.
    I lived in an RV for 2 years after 911 and we had so much joy in those years even after losing much of what we owned after he lost his job. I just want to be content and not yearn for more. Be happy with what I have and bloom where I am planted now quoting Mary E.

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!