Saturday, June 5, 2010

Love Fairy Mixed Media collage on paper

Close up
Full

This is a mixed media collage piece on paper. I did recently where I wanted to keep it simple and light. I guess I have love on my mind~ How could I not? My daughters wedding is in July~ I took images of love birds from a small recycled calender, bits of a recycled card elements of scrapbook materials, dried flowers, twine, acrylic paint and left over collage/scrapbook papers. The fairy and her hat is from Artchix studio's collage page I purchased ~ I feel like I am inspired to create pretty, airy light things right now.
What is inspiring you these days? Do you ever create something with elements you love and just see where it takes you? What are you creating or crafting this summer? Do tell~

There is no greater delight than to watch two love birds, twittering and chirping merrily as the first rays of the sun appear over the tree-tops. This experience is second only to the pleasure of watching a couple in love, as they walk alongside holding hands.
~Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa...so lovely..very pretty..and full of love and lightness!Wow..a wedding to look forward to ..wonderful! Enjoy!
    I have been working on a few painted pieces at once..alot of cats lately and always birds in the scenes interacting wiht the poeple in some way.I too find it fascinating how we shift with what we are creating with at different times. Fun!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am imagining this as wallpaper! wouldn't that be a gorgeous room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Very soft and light! Enjoying your blog. Love mixed media too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!