Monday, June 7, 2010

Mail Art Inspiration for Mixed Media

Ivinay


via

Oh hello again. Why might you ask are you doing a post on communication when it doesn't have to do with communication between people in the sense of conversation well let me tell you~ I have sent and received mail recently that is special. Two of my packages that I sent were to Canada. One received just fine and the other who knows where. I just wonder what happens to mail that isn't delivered properly~ Definitely a snail mail fail! So if my dear blogging friend doesn't receive her mail I shall bundle up a package again and send it a new. But on the brighter side I have to tell you I have received one of my older daughters invitations to her wedding. The invitation is so pretty and brings wonderful images to mind. Speaking by which I have to share this link with you. Where mail and stamp collecting kind of meet and make art! When I clicked the archive I was in awe of the images from the blog Goodmailday. I hope you get to pop on over for a visual treat and are inspired to create some mail art. Best wishes that every day be a good mail day! Did you ever know anyone to collect stamps? Have you used mail or stamps in your art? I haven't done mail art in quite a while but now I am inspired to, how about you?

astrid.maclean's

For a little more inspiration Flickr Mail Art group~

5 comments:

  1. What a great concept. Some wonderful images here- I did a series of photos of mail boxes a while back - it was fascinating the creativity some people put into individualizing theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post...! aww..that is so sad about the lost mail! Curious! Hope it all works out! Hope you are having a lovely day!!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!