Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photography & Color Inspiration

Hello everyone, I am sharing  a photograph I had taken and altered it into a snapshot frame then added a quote. I have been trying to play around with Photo Shop again. I am also sharing other photographs, color palettes and color inspiration. I have been doing a bit of dreaming and wishing lately. You can see why below.

Image will go to full size if you click on it.
click on image

 

Feel free to use either of my snapshots with quote on your blogs if you like but, just credit back to me and keep to the creative common terms. I also put a link to my Flickr where there is code for using too. 


Rose Reflections, A Dozen Pink Cream Yellow Roses Reflected in a Mirror Image Picture, Free Use, Public Domain, Creative Commons






I thought I would share the image above with my color inspiration. I have flowers on my mind, my palette is called  blushing rose. I have to take a trip soon to Northern Ca. as I am doing the flowers for my oldest daughter's wedding which is coming up quicker than ever! First they announce the engagement, then it is the planning, although it seems far off..... Its kind of a hurry up and wait things, then wow it is only 1 1/2 months away!!!!

So much to do all of a sudden. We are going to a flower wholesaler to get supplies and doing some test arrangements, finding out what will be in season from a list of likes from the bride, pre-ordering things that won't be available from the grower. Then several days prior we get all the goods to prepare for the event. Thank goodness my son's lovely lady and my second youngest daughter are going to help! I hope this gives me some good blogging images! If I have time to take photographs. lol

HAND IN HAND IS THE ONLY WAY TO LAND



This image I just loved due to the fact of the flying wishes! I just love wishes. When you were a kid did you gather them up, make your wish and then blow them into the air? I remember as kids saying they really had to get flying away or your wish wouldn't come true. Well, the colors, wishes and dreamy look of this image just spoke to me. Plus the title Hand In Hand. Then I created  my color palette Wishful dream which  I made over at ColourLovers.




Lastly, Sammie's science experiment was due today. So we helped her finishing up details then hauled the display and tank of  hatched brine shrimp over for set up this morning. Whew! I'll try and take a picture tonight of my little scientist with her display to share. That's what caused my Sunday post to be so late.

I hope you have time to take a look at the post where I shared two journal pages believe and a creative journey along with the prompt. The post was featured on Creating The Hive. If you are a member send over a friend invite, its just another great place to connect in a lovely online artist community.

Colors, like features, follow the changes of the  emotions. Pablo Piccaso

What is your favorite creative community? What is a color you love? 




5 comments:

  1. Oh the colors are dreamy, love that wish picture too! I'm sure everything will come together for the wedding and it will be Beautiful! Good Luck and congrats to the happy couple!
    Have a great day my friend!
    ♥Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny!! I will pass on the congrats to them.
    Glad you enjoyed~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite colors are blue and green.. can't never decide.. so strong bluish green color is my favorite.. then magenta =)
    Thanks for all these inspirations ! My daughters and I still blow our wishes and we always have the same wish 'everyone we know including us to be happy, healthy and wealthy' =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those colours!

    When we lived in the country one of our large paddocks was filled with dandelions and when the sun shone on them they looked like fairies. It was gorgeous and your dandelions wishes above just reminded me of that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite creative community has to be "The Hive" and my favorite color is "PINK"...great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!