Saturday, October 9, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood Mixed Media Painting

Completed painting of Little Red Riding HoodHere is Little Red Riding Hood complete with some close ups for you to view~
Close up Collage of Little Red Riding Hood Mixed Media PaintingI really enjoyed making this painting. Playing with the layers of paint. I actually took colored pencils and wrote a lot of the store on the painting. I was going to take out the word red but or try and mute it in the painting but then in one point I was thinking it is a bold color, this is a bold fairy tale, it evokes thinking of blood without creating a blood scene & all the wolf could see was red. I don't know if I was being over analytical or just being bold. I left it in~
I don't know when I will try another fairy tale but I would like to do another try at painting an illustration of one. What fairy tale would you read today? Have you ever tried to illustrate a fairy tale? I hope your long weekend allows you time to pick up a book and get lost in it~
Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!