Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mexico Challenge



Images of painting day of the dead ofInspiration Avenue has challenges and this past weeks has been "Mexico" The two paintings on the left are partials & I just created them. The one one the right is what I created last year. Dia De Los Muertos is a Mexican Holiday that focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died.
I have wanted to create a painting each year in honor of my mother who passed away & found this celebration is the perfect way to honor her memory~

Mixed Media Painting Day of the deadHere is more detail of the mixed media one I did

Work in progress of a painting for Day of the deadHere are some photographs of my painting in progress that isn't finished. It is larger and I can't wait to share it with you when its done.


9 comments:

  1. I love your paintings, so much abstract, My favorite is the girl....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfuul work! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Iowa! So happy to find your delightful blog!!! Your artwork is wonderful....and I especially like Little Red Riding Hood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely blog and an equally lovely painting. I'm glad you joined this challenge, or I would never have experienced this piece or your other art. This one is very colorful and so well done. I hope to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, fabulous piece of art, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, very colorful. I really enjoyed this challenge and think it produced a lot of good stuff.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rich colors in this painting....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho, I love your skulls, they are great! I love that we are able to use a lot of color in this special day and it`s wonderful that you enjoyed my little tutorial, I hope you share with us what you and your daughter create! :)
    Cheers...Moni.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!