Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vintage Circus Cabaret Trio




Here is my Vintage Circus Cabaret Trio~ All done is in Acrylics with pastel type hues. For my own purposes I looked up the true definition of Cabaret:
  1. A restaurant or nightclub providing short programs of live entertainment.
  2. The floor show presented by such a restaurant or nightclub.
So for me whether you call it Circus, Cabaret, Performing Arts it is all subjective as I have created my own Vintage Circus Cabaret Trio~

The Cabaret is said to have originated in France around 1880~ If you want to know more you can visit the link above. Below is a Vintage poster reproduction that is for sale by following the link~

Le Frou-Frou

Seeing the image above may put a new spin on my direction of Vintage Circus to Cabaret~ But not just yet, you see before I go there I have my two new paintings done to show you very soon! In a bolder and I think more futuristic or modern style~
What have you been painting lately? Has there been a theme or series you are or have worked on? I would love to know what you are working on, do tell~
Oh, and I found some cool old circus videos that I am going to share too!

"They are creating a circus atmosphere." ~ David Scheffer

3 comments:

  1. Love the wonderful vintage circus scene you have created and the Le Frou Frou picture is fabulous.

    Happy weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this circus/caberet theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this. I love circuses. I think the pastel acrylics are really, really effective and there's a great sense of movement xx

    Hugs

    Jenny - hillandatree

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Creative friends comments mean so much!